When people talk about automatic garage doors, the image that pops into a person’s mind is usually that of a garage door that swings up as it opens. What some people may not realise is that there are actually lots of different garage doors that can be automated. You can even automate existing garage doors with the right kind of electric garage door opener.
To help give you an idea as to what types of garage doors can be automated, here is a list of some of the more popular ones that most homes have:
- Tilt garage door – This is the most common of all automatic garage doors around and is the one people usually envision when automated doors for a garage is considered. This operates by tilting the garage door upwards and outwards, with half of the door inside and the other half outside.
- Sectional garage door – Another garage door that can be automated is the one that comes with a sectional design. It comes with four or more panels, with the panels folding one over the other as it opens.
- Roller garage door – This are also pretty common and is often chosen by homeowners who want a space-saving option for their garage door. This door rolls into a cylinder form as it opens and unfurls as it closes.
- Slide to side garage door – This is similar in concept as a roller garage door when operated and looks like a sectional garage door installed on its side. How this works is it is installed to one side of the garage door opening and the mechanism slides the door to one wall of the garage as it opens. This is the garage door of choice by those who have a garage with very little headroom.
Should you automate or get a new garage door?
Whether you have a carport garage door, a sliding garage door, or a roller door, if you are thinking of automating it, a contractor that specialises in such work can be found. Before you automate your garage door, there are a few things to consider. Should you should keep your existing garage door and add a mechanism to it or would it be better to get a new garage door altogether? Here are some things to ponder before you decide to automate an existing garage door:
- Is it old? – If your garage door has been around for decades, it might be better for you to get a new automated garage door rather than automate the old one.
- Is it damaged? – If your door is warped or damaged, it will be difficult for you to add a motor to it for automation.
- Does it have a unique design? – If you have a garage door that is unlike any other, you might have a hard time finding ways to automate it.
When you have an existing garage door that is difficult to automate, you are much better off having new custom garage doors that are fitted into your garage. This will ensure that the automation will work perfectly and seamlessly after it is installed.
For all your garage door needs, whether you need residential or commercial garage doors, the company to contact is Eco Garage Doors. They are one of the leading providers of garage doors in Melbourne. Aside from automatic garage doors, commercial roller garage doors, and customised pieces, they can also provide you with insulated garage doors and even automate existing doors for you. Visit their site to see what they can do and what products they have for you. For more information, visit at https://www.ecogaragedoors.com.au